My woes, Magic of Cats and a Birthday Jam



It's getting colder, rainy season and tropical cyclones lingers and whenever it's raining I feel a bit sad. I blame the gloomy weather. Lately, my recovery has been a roller coaster ride. This prolonged pandemic here in the Philippines contributes greatly to my anxiety. I tend not to watch news because it's depressing AF. If only I have a powerful passport, I can hop on a plane right now and start a new life somewhere. 


Stuck


I make the most out of my life now that I'm turning 32 soon, in less than a month. Yikes! I'm not afraid of getting old, not everyone reaches this point. But somehow my progress is a bit slow. I tend to ask myself, where should I be right now? Did I make the right decisions back then? Should I act like an adult now? honestly, I don't know. 


The cafe is in a limbo, the property management is giving us a hard time when it comes to the rent. We are barely surviving and were not even done in the first year of operation. I'm still learning the ropes. I'm not good at this but I'm giving my best. Most of the businesses near us are closing. One by one they are dropping like flies. I feel this overwhelming pressure to keep the operation going. My staff need this. I need this. It's easy to throw in the towel and call it quits. So every day, I fight to keep things afloat. Hopefully, there is a light at the end of this tunnel.


Fighting the Demons




My night terrors are back. I often wake myself up screaming again. Maybe the stress is making my mind weak. On the good side, I'm getting fat again yey! Now time to gain some muscle. Home work-outs are okay but my Cat, Solo sheds a lot of fur during this time so it's irritating sometimes but I love that cat. Whenever I feel down, I think he can sense it. He would meow to the top of his lungs, roll to his belly and demand a belly rub. This would calm the shit out of me. He knows his cuteness has power over me. 


Birthday Jam


My SO frets about her birthday this past week. Everyone does that when they feel a bit older. It's a right of passage. So as any responsible and loving BF, I planned a little surprise party for her. Contacted all of her friends here in Baguio. Ask my tita to cook her favorite and I knew she loves cake so I bought two of her favorite. She's been working hard lately so this little reward suites her. I've never done this before so I'm a bit nervous myself. 


I asked her little sister to "distract her" last Friday, since she's expecting it to be on the 12th of September, I set my surprise on the night of the 11th. 


I never knew that balloons cost so much haha! 

She arrived at the cafe at around 5PM. She's a little bit shy and didn't know where to hide when everyone started singing. She found me and tried to sneak behind my back while saying thank you to all her guests. That was the most precious thing I saw that made everything worth it. She never had this kind of experience. I'm really glad I get to pull this stunt. The day ended with a band performance and I ended up carrying all the cakes at home. 

Comments

Popular Posts