Manila's Hard Ass



When it rains it floods.
 I'm a mountain boy, so a flood would only mean an overflowing Burnham lake and up to an ankle deep, But here, a 2 days monsoon rain would mean a raging river a destructive flash flood and a scary road blockage.

There are so much thing going lately that I have a hard time catching up, life here is fast and financial needs is a center of all things you do, if you don't have breads your paralyzed.

Good thing I got a stable work now as a graphic designer in one of the offices here in Oritgas, just a ride away from my place. Its relatively easy, you just need to pay attention to details and instructions since our client is in the state.

I got to learn some new stuff on Illustrator which I found so powerful than photoshop when it comes to vector rendering. I'm a ps dude so before I do my thing in PS and it will do so much for me. Now a new partner I could exploit and recreate my art even better than before

The people I worked with are fine set of people. Although I don't mingle that much since I need to focused in the training and it would be my 4th week this Monday and everything works well.

Manila is hard on the Ass.

Without a glasses, riding a jeepney at night would mean a torture, with little placards that I can't barely see would mean it will pass me before I gave my signal.

Expensive.

Yes but I need to be wise and tighten my belt (although I don't have a belt, I left it in Baguio) and budget my money well.


Hopefully everything will work well.

and I have a girlfriend. :)

Will talk to you soon.

Cheers!





guillermo ocampo

Comments

Popular Posts