what was 2013 like?

Dad was what 2013 like?

2013? Let me just check my blog. I know I wrote something about that... Oh here yah go!

The year started in bit strange, I'm still hooked up on the end of the world theme, you see 2012 was the year Mayans predicted the final days of the earth, However it did not happen.

Maybe it was supposed to happen, but someone stopped it... and we didn't know.
Anyhow I'm just being weird.



On my calendar, this was time when I'm getting my feat back to working in Manila, the 2012 was chaos, We had a lot of problems mostly financialy, I went on a job that really messed up my mind, I worked as a digital artist and started lay outing mugs. that was my first job. It sucks.

However, I found some great friends along the way and that made it awesome.

I met, Geraldine Garcia

She was a funny girl, full of hopes and laughs a lot, she likes to go on a mountain hiking trip, she talks a lot, tells a stories and basically a very cool person.

She helped me get back on my feet, she also left the crappy job and started her own photo-booth business.She inspired me to create one too.

After working as an artist, I tried to work on a TV station, I got sick (as in dying bed ridden kinda sick) and I found out that news and current affairs wasn't for me. It was my "dream" but when I tried it. Naaaahhh... I would rather be a freelance!

Tadaa!

I became a freelance artist.

I worked at a non government organization, it was challenging at first. I got to travel a lot, rode a plane for the 2nd time (see my other post) that made me happy.

When the project died down, so was my carrier, I was a bum for a couple of months, stayed indoors your Grandads house in Pampangga, i'm broke and no where else to go.

I tried looking for a right job, but I didnt felt like being a company dog again...

I worked for a couple of layouts from here and there, Thanks to my handy dandy computer (it may sound so decade ago but working in an i3 intel was a fast improvement)

I got lazy, I admit.

I got scared going back to manila and trying the hard knock life.

I went to Baguio, trying to find a job.

Also to be with my girlfriend...silly me.

It was really hard, I lost hope and I felt like... I was a garbage.

Then I saw a post.. in facebook that would change my and make the year right for me.

They are looking for a graphic artist... for a government agency in Manila, under the Presidents wings.

I was just in awe. I hurriedly fixed my resume and sent it. within days I got a phone call.

I applied, I got in and before you know it I'm back on fight feet.
Found a new apartment, with cool graphics guys. Doing 3d rendering and film effects.
They got dog and cats!

My boss was great, the people around me is great.

I got to do things on my own, my creative freedom is flowing. I was in all time happy. for a long time, I know I'm doing something right not only for myself but for the country.

I have seen many things, heard many issues, and at the end of the day. I know I'm doing something I like.


2013 is about to end.
I'm thankful.
It was not a great year, but it has a fantastic ending.

So before this would be sent to the history. I would like to thank a couple of people that made this possible.

To my Girlfriend (she may not be your mom, but shes pretty cool or she will be i'm not sure)
for believing in me, for keeping my head and my heart in the right place. You have taught me to be humble and be patient, you kept me alive and inspired. I promise to be the best man you deserve. for all sacrifices, hardships and challenges we wen through, Thank you for sticking up with me. :)
To my Dad (your grandpa) for sticking up to me, for taking care of me, and for all the support, I know you also had a bad year, but good things are about to come.
To my Kuya (your uncle) I know you will be a great dad, because you are the greatest brother ever. Even though we are in the hells deep, you never let me feel alone, when mom was gone you always make sure you were there. I wish I could return the favor. We will help each other whatever happens.

2014 may give the unknown, I have survived the most fucked up year in my life. I think I could take whatever it brings.

Comments

Post a Comment

Wow thank you for your awesome comment! cheers!

Popular Posts