Health 100: Surprisingly Veggies and other perks





I’m not used on eating vegetables. As a kid, I only knew that vegetables are accents to your meal, to make it healthier but not necessarily tasty. It’s like; I can survive a meal without this green stuff. (I hate okra)

But due to education and nutrition, I learned to digest this leafy grub and make me feel better about my self and gladly say that I just had a ‘hearty meal’ or if I’m eating in someone else’s house I must take up the courage to munch on these greenies.
 

My dad always says, if you don’t eat your veggies, you’ll never reach my age.

Thus, my quest began in searching for the best vegetarian restaurant in the Philippines, and I found the perfect one in and it’s located in the quiet corner of Magsasay road in the City of Pines, Baguio!


Health 100

 

Baguio is known for it’s fresh vegetable that was harvested with the right climate and blessed fauna of Benguet. That may be the one great fact that made Health 100 stand true to its roots. An all vegetarian health food choices.

They offer scrumptious viands guilt free that is deliciously prepared you too will doubt if it’s a legit-all green and healthy.

The staff wears a warm smile and offers meals you should try if it’s your first time. I also ask them if I can use the power outlet since my batteries are on the brick of death due to a long travel and they are accommodating enough to allow me to charge my gadgets.

They also have a wide array of deserts, cakes and pastries all made locally. I noticed they have a soy coffee which is kinda weird, also they have this turmic polvoron you should try and buy.

If you ever feel the thirst for the real thing, try the overfilling fruit shake! I ordered one guyabano shake that is so thick and creamy every time I stir it, it expand and felt like it’s refilling itself in every sip.
On a date with gulay


The place is not that big however the tables are large and can fit 6-7 people, they have smaller tables for 2-3 person, however they are often combined to accommodate large group of customers. I feel awkward eating alone in a large table.

I just found out that there are different branches, from 100, 101, 102 and I was like, really? Where am I all this time? I feel like I’m lost in my own hometown.

There is always something to new explore even in an old place like my hometown, sometimes we are so used to dining at the same place over and over that that even I myself did not bother to look and explore local shops and little spots.

The price range is budget friendly, a serving can range from 50-80 pesos. The peak usually at around 12 to 12:30 where customers line up, the table turnover is fast and if you caught up in line. Its worth the wait.

So whenever you are in Baguio, go resto hunting and look for Health 100. A different taste for a healthier lifestyle! (Wow, what a plug!)


Comments

Popular Posts