Pokemon Go: The Unsolicited After Hype Experiential Review

Let us meet!


I have reached level 30 after 2 years of playing it, the max level (as of this moment) is 40. This is huge for me, I felt I finished this game with no end in sight. I'm happy that sweat, tears and data all seemed to be worth it.

I remember being excited and hyped about this ever since the game's announcement. Unfortunately, It hasn't been released here in the PH months after it went  live in other countries. Watching videos from the other countries fueled my cravings even more.

Then on sometime in July 2016, the PH server went live. I quickly got up packed my bag and went outside to explore the world of Pokemon.

It sucks. Knowing that gyms are occupied by cheaters who's level are in the top 30 with Pokemon's Combat Power with almost 1.5k! My ratata and pikachu got roasted and didn't had a fighting chance.

I stayed away from the nasty gyms. I don't really care about the coins, I played it my own way. The first year was a bit rocky. I only played on special events, captures and lures from time to time.

It is so tempting to cheat, spoof my location and horde everything! But, I stayed clean. I promised to never cheat because I don't wanna rob myself of the experience that I longed for so long.

I had difficulty owning a Gym in Quezon City, there are so many active flyers that owning one is a pain in the coins department. I stopped for quite sometime, I joined in some in-game events from time to time, but thats it. I never joined a raid, placed my monsters on a vacant gym slot whenever I got a lucky chance.

Then they roll-out the Gym system completely. Raids are now a thing. Stricter Flyer Policies. Wave and wave of accounts getting banned. Rooted phones are not allowed. 50 Coins per day max. (so owning a tons of gym is worthless) The Gameplay changed and it leaned towards casual players.

I also found some raid groups, joined a couple and really enjoyed it. I also manage some pokemon forums which can be a toxic place if left it it's own accord. I made online friends and real friends.

THE FIRST RAID


The first time I went on a raid was in my hometown, I opened the app and saw a freakin Lugia in all his might, in one of the gym nearby. I went out alone hoping that someone would be there to catch that mythical beast.

I was alone. Looking at Lugia feeling hopeless. It can't be done. I'm at level 20 and it was impossible to do it alone. Then this group of people, around 5 of them, walking and has this signature way of holding a phone. I'm 100% sure that they're Pokemon Trainers! Excitement filled my body, I raised my hand! Smiled and waved at them. I said Hi, and we begin the raid.

Lugia fled. I was really sad. It wasn't easy. But somehow I feel happy, I have a raid group. I joined their group chat, and from then on whenever I'm in Baguio, I would join them and have an awesome raid. I have captured Lugia during one of our raid the day after. I'm a happy kid. Soul Silver All the way!

Team Spark! Obviously  :) 

CAPTURING MEWTWO

This Pokemon has alluded me for months, I have missed raids, he fled and I'm really frustrated that I'm on a brink of quitting. I got really affected haha! It's really funny If I think about it now, Not my proudest moment. But I still chased it, Whenever the primer ball is spinning, every time I throw it, My heart pounded like crazy gorilla. Until that one vital moment, that ding! 

Proud Master.

It was a crazy run. Since I have reached my goal. I'm just gonna go back on casually playing. I'm happy on what I have accomplished. Play on!




Comments

Popular Posts