CRC: 20 na? Ano na?


My head still throbs and aching.

I just arrived from the Regional Youth Summit on United Nations Convention on the Rights of a Child.
LUZON LEG – October 19 to 21,
2009

MEDIUM

ORGANIZATION

AREA

Animation
Hope
for the Youth Foundation
Metro Manila
Photography

CEU
Photographer’s Club, Centro Escolar University
Metro
Manila
Photography

Benilde Press Corps, De La Salle-College of
St. Benilde
Metro Manila
Photography

The Pioneer, Palawan
State University
Palawan
Print
Iluminata, Colegio de
Dagupan
Pangasinan
Print
The Carmelian Chronicle, University of Regina
Carmeli
Bulacan
Radio
Brev Influence, Breviarians
Baguio
City
Radio
QuickAccess, DZEM 954 kHz
Metro Manila
Video
Baguio
Bureau
Baguio City
Video
DevComm Society, Benguet State
University
Benguet
Video
Camarines Norte Bureau
Camarines
Norte
Video
Manila Bureau
Metro Manila

A pool of great and creative minds I must say, I was still in awe, amazed and happy on the output that everyone did. But everything does not end here, It's only the beginning of actual work.


Highlights of the events! ta-da!

~DAY 1

We left Baguio City at around 11am took the expressed bus and arrived @ the hotel venue at around 5:30pm. It was cozy, Carlo "Tsekwa" Reyes, a classmate of mine was my companion, while at it we are talking about on what to expect and stuff that we will be doing, I gladly stated some things based on the past trainings and summit that i attended, this is his first time.

The food was scrumptious! I ate till I'm bloated, I haven't eaten anything solid that day, from the trip and stuff, so it felt like heaven. he he he.

We greeted ate ros, got the kit and head to our room.

We boost the air-conditioning to the fullest had a warm relaxing shower, as the water hits my exhausted muscles it was awesome. I did had a nice sleep after that.

~DAY 2

The alarm ticked at 7am, I'm a bit groggy, its official today everything will formal start. We did our morning routines and had our breakfast at around 7:30.

I wont mind my diet, I'll chump every grub on the buffet table form appetizers, to the main course until the light desert. Wow.

Kuya Lakan greeted us with an energetic hyperactive bilog (round) song. Kuya Lakan Bunyi had been the principal facilitator of the whole summit, has the best theater background and a great humor, there is never a dull moment with kuya, His insights are very helpful, the first time I saw him was way back in 2003, since then as a youth facilitator I must say his the best I've ever known.


Then we are greeted by Probe and Unicef and discussed the main theme of the summit and the agendas, goals, and the reason why we are bieng gathered.


on November 20 the world will celebrate the birthday of the United Nation Convention of the Rights of the Child. I'm 20 years old, so basically we grew in a world where this convention is evolving.


There are a lot of insights discussed.


Everyone seemed to be a little bit off with one another, it's the first day and everyone is a stranger to anyone. Impression are bieng made to one another.


We are from all walks of life, there are the well-off's the Average, the wierds, the older, the kids, and some just plain unoticed.


But we made sure to break the barries and smash the cold ice.


simple smiles and "Hi's" would do for today.


The food was great lunch, snacks and diner. We are truly blessed.


the post that i made ( see below) was during

the first night. I got difficult time searching for wi-fi signal, i did write some stuff but poof! its gone.

Comments

Popular Posts