Unexpected


Freshmen College 2005
College.

If there are something I want to keep during that period was my friends. There are a handful of people you can honestly say "your true blooded college friends." Some come and go, others you'll totally forget, some of them changed but most importantly  the one who stayed.

I was freshmen in one of the biggest University, my hopes are high and my dreams are just starting to come about. I entered this classroom on my first day with a bunch of strangers called classmates.

Fear was the first feeling I remember when I entered the room, I don't even know I i'll smile or look for a seat. I guess everyone is feeling the same way as I do.

Before I knew it the semester is over and I got a bunch of friends taking on college life head on.




Then the unexpected happened, I transferred school and leaving seemed to be the hardest thing, Its another adjustment, another set of people, another life.

I thought that would be the end of my friendship with them, since I'm on a rival school.

I honestly thought that spending just a semester does not mean anything to them.

I'm wrong.

The friendship continued, life happened, unexpected twist and turns from all directions and still whenever we come across each other a smile and a greeting would follow.

It was the most awesome feeling they never forget the bonding we shared during our lunch breaks, the "manolo redemption"we created  the movie marathon during long breaks,  and the nasty juvenile stuff young teen age do.
Me, Paolo and Cole just hanging out bulol style before it was cool (it if ever was)

Before we knew it. We are a quarter in our time here on earth. Time really flies and it bites you in the arse once you realized it.
The Manolo Redemptio: I donno how it started, but it was a character from a short story we read and we created a bond against other group of friends. 

Trisha, Paolo, Cole and Denver are some of my college buddies.
One rainy Saturday night, we took a time off from our busy schedule and decided to have mini reunion.


We had an awesome diner at a fine resto near military cut off, the food was great. We shared stories and reminiscence the past, the issues that concerns us and all the shitty embarrassing things we and the others did.
We also got the chance to look back and asses our life today, our choices and struggles our plans, everything in between. 

It's wonderful how our stories transcend from the smog in Manila, to our turned out to be gay classmates to the pope and joke are half meant, jobs and frustration, law, education, justice league injustice game,  and hazings it was a chaotic brain oragasmic stories that you'll never imagined can be  stitched in one diner table.
Our minds are connected the topics are endless. 
Its rare.

After that awhile we decided to let loose and sing along in a ktv bar, drink a couple of booze and enjoy each others company. It was a fun unexpected night. Singing our hearts out and just let loose.

I then realized something after our mini reunion.

Life is short, little moments like this makes you realize that what ever happens, you'll be okay, you have people around you can depend on, it it fucks you right there they will fuck everything too. They will never forget. They will stay true. 


and thank you guys. I surely missed you.

 Cheers.


Comments

Popular Posts