Hello 2018! errr Life Update!


This is embarrassing.



I wanted to blog but lately, I'm being a lazy ass dude.
I need to incorporate this in my daily habit from now on, I need to find that passion, that fire to write and tell stories, without hesitation without any self judgement or inhibitions.

Life Update!

Me so far. 2018 is starting well actually. I moved back in Baguio, my home town. It was a very difficult decision. It was so mind bending for me, I actually have nightmares over it. Leaving the Metro, my home for the past couple of years is a really big deal.

I've been accustomed to the life in the Metro, my career is not as shabby and I get to experience and learn things I would never-ever learn.

Change is scary, but its essential for growth.

I feel undervalued at my previous post. Yeah I get to do stuff I want, It's manageable at a bit easy. There are sudden adventures like when I was sent to war in Marawi, (coverage team and regional support) then after the war during the rehabilitation. It was fun, but that's it. Most of the time it feels like I'm paddling on a stagnant river, exerting effort but barely moving.

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting
Teaching War Striken Kids on the Basics of Photography 

I'm not getting any younger, and I value learning and new experiences now more than ever. I think i'm an adult, but not quite yet. I'm still exploring and considering all aspects on my career.

I get down sometimes, I never had a solid plan, I just go with the flow, what ever life takes me, I'll just go sail with it. I guess it has its pros and cons. Setting up a lifeplan is not a bad idea, but I suck at it.
Image may contain: 3 people, people standing, sunglasses and outdoor
Team Marawi

Moving to Baguio

New Year, new life on a same old familiar place. It felt really nice to finally moved. It feels liberating and odd at the same time. I'm surprised how things change here in my hometown. Like I said change is a bit scary.

I get to reconnect with my cousins and my classmates. I also got to hang out and spend time with them. I'm also spending more time with my SO, still adjusting to each others quirks, we have been apart during our entire relationship, getting this close also needs to getting used too.

Working at the Regional Office

It was overwhelming and exciting at the same time. I never felt so "used" haha I donno, it feels really good, I haven't been utilized this much for a long time, which for me is a good thing.
I feel valued and respected. "Iba talaga yung feeling na na-a-appreciate yung ginagawa mo"
Our Regional Director puts her trust in me, in doing what I do best. I value it so much that I dont feel like working at all. I'm still trying to get the ropes around her, but men I'll tell you I haven't been this pumped, I feel so young!

Hopefully I can sustain this vigor and fire inside me to do my best and to keep pushing my potential to serve and provide a good service.

Maybe I'll enroll for a masters degree. I'll sleep on it.

That's it for now! Cheers!

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
Our Korean Interns during one of our press conferences

guillermo ocampo

Comments

Popular Posts