Take the risk.

On the road to a new world.
Err, its the end of the world... is it?

Take the risk.

Its easier said than done, I'm afraid to leave my comfort zone a easy life, if you come to think of it, I'm doing fine. really. I woke up with food on the fridge, went to work with ease, got to go out with friends, what more could I ask for.

Whats wrong with me?

Wanting more in life. In search for growth and self fulfillment.


I went to Manila to join the 2nd Philippine Children Conference as a producer, Although I filed an official leave at the office, they rejected it at the last minute and its too late for me to cancel my commitment for the PNCC and the Probe team.

So I went on ahead even though I know the risk involve in AWOL, but during the trip I never felt so free.

I arrived late at night and My big brother fetch me at the Mall and went to the condo where my dad is staying. I missed him. when I arrived I went directly to his bedroom and said Hi. He was already sleeping, he apologized and said that he fell asleep waiting for me.

It's okay. I said and a bit humbled.

He prepared diner for me, although I don't feel like eating but he insist.

I told him my itinerary for the week and shared a couple of things about the project.

It was 6am, Sunday

I arrived at the venue earlier than expected the call time was 8:30, I was there at 7am.
Yes, I'm excited so to speak.
The entourage came in, the crew that will work on the PNCC documentary.
With ate Ros save the children foundation and KNN project manager , ate Riza from Gameplan now in lifestyle and by KNN buddy Tin Apin who is now a top notch star cinema producer sort of.
The morning was just a waiting game and the treasonous task of conceptualizing a theme for the PNCC.

Since this was kids ages 12-15 we want it fun yet a challenging experience, so we decided to create an action feel video blog sort of.

I missed this kind of work. I came to realize the moment you start hearing those mini-dv tapes rewinding, the click of the capture button and the agonizing task of editing, stitching stories and looping music.

 

Geez is that even a timeline

The production.

I saw this post in my blog that states
A day in a future
the first line states
10 years from now. I would be. Creating films.DATED: January 25 2010.

I have always wanted to create films. That's my dream.
Then the spark just lit up in my heart.
That lost light, all this time was there but never ignited, my passion for film making.

This is the right time, there is no other time but now.

I will take the risk, I will take a chance.

I asked Tin to help me out, he gladly sent my request to star cinema.

Now, its just a matter of time. This is the first step.

In order to pursue that dream, I need to leave my comfort zone, leave the life I've known since Birth.
Leave my friends, Resign to my current job, Embrace this new opportunity whole with a whole heart.

Tita Becca, said while I'm at Manila.

"you know, with the talent you have, you deserve to do what you love, at this time search for what makes you happy, enter with what you have and you must grow twice or triple of what you are right now, don't think about money, don't think about anything. Just GO."


So after staying in for 4 days and 3 nights, of soul searching I went back to Baguio. I never looked Baguio as different as I see it now.

I'm ready to go to Manila.

The world can wreck havoc but i'll be damn glad I did what I have to do to pursue my dream.
If it will gonna end in 2012.
Be it.I know I'm happy.


Comments

Popular Posts