Movie Date: Mr. Peabody and Sherman

Thinking of a great movie date? Here's one that will put a smile on your girlfriends cheeks.



What time line does this cartoon belong too?
Oh? what-ta you know it's an old cartoon. So old that I haven't heard of it until now.


Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Dreamworks long shot take to recreating a new franchise from an old cartoon in the 60's. A history lesson made fun and exciting. Time travel is awesome in many ways, why not throw in a dog and a boy and let see what happens.


Originally from the team that created the animal tandem moose and a squirrel, The Rocky and  Bullwinkle show, Mr. Peabody and Sherman's digital reboot is a long shot in re-introducing the franchise in the modern time.

It teaches history with an injected humor and twisted outcomes. It was just a random thought when we watched it with my girlfriend, unexpectedly, It was entertaining than my history class.

Kids during the show are all laughs and claps. The reaction was priceless, I felt was a kid again, without me noticing that I find myself laughing my hearts out... like a kid.

It was refreshing to watch even though it was an old cartoon, I think including "penny" as a girl character with the king tut as a GF was a a great idea with all the love triangle puppy love.
Speaking of puppy, Mr. Peabody's modern adaptation was a bit more, human? If that was the right term, When I'm watching some old clip, Mr. Peabody seemed to me more like a straight forward history teacher, in the movie, I felt his character has more... well... emotional, caring, in humanistic way, rather than just a genius dog. His recreation gave more color to his character. (That's the right term!)

Sherman the human... His facial reaction was the most, expressive face I've ever saw in any 3D character, It matches his character, all the details was made perfect for his age, from the eyes to his lip habits, everything was well crafted.

All in, I gave this movie a total of Pop Corn: worth the watch with your girl, but alone could be fun too!  (5 as the highest)

Comments

  1. didn't know it was a reboot... I had a lot of fun watching this movie, It's a nice watch for the young and young at heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it made me feel, well young again! Waybac is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Wow thank you for your awesome comment! cheers!

Popular Posts