Kimi no wa: (Your Name) Goes to Hollywood



I know this is so outdated. It has been released late December 2016, and we are nearing December 2017. Time really flies fast. But damn it. This film still brings those pent-up emotion deep inside every time I watch it.




Here is a playlist for you. Teary eyed yet?


Everything in this movie is magical, captivating and full of spirit, it captures your heart in an instant. The music is fantastic and reminiscent at the same time. Everything works well even the subtitle and raw Japanese voice.

Now.

Hollywood has set his eyes on this masterpiece. (story here)

I'm genuinely afraid.

I'm afraid that this adaptation wont live up to the magic of the animation, I have "watched" anime live adaptation, only a notable few lived to its expectation. (Samurai X)

The others failed (Attack on Titan, Ghost in the shell)

Oh did I mention how Hollywood butchered Dragon Ball Z (childhood ruined)

Hopefully. Naku talaga. (I really hope)

Sana di to palpak, kasi mawawasak puso ko. (This wont fail, because it would ruin everything)

I guess I'm just emotional and excited at the same time.

Well, at the end of the day, it's a business. Plans are underway, we may have to wait for 2 to 3 years before this hits production. Until then, let us enjoy and rewatch the animation until our hearts run numb.

One funny story.

I just remembered this one...

It was a boring date night and I kept on nagging my SO to watch this animated film.
She was hesitant and a bit skeptical. I wouldn't blame her. I've been recommending a ton of shitty shows and anime in the past months.

My famous line would be. Just watch the first 10 minutes. If you don't like it i'll can end it.

She agreed.

I smiled, because I knew this film is a victory for me. A film that will surely make her cry like a waterfall. A little background: She hates the film The Notebook. (like who the hell hates that movie)
She has a heart as cold as stone when it comes to romance film. Its really not her thing.

I usually get a "mehhhh" reaction everytime. It's not that she did not appreciate it she always commend naman if "It was a good movie" but that was it. No tears, No emotional investment.

Sorry, now going back.

Played the movie, after ten minutes it kept on playing.

I was watching her reaction if there is "kilig" half way through the film...
I'm getting worried.

Really worried that this film did not reach her soul. I'm bottling up my emotion, trying to hide my intensified feelings.

The film is almost done, I kept my tears in check, trying to hold it back.

She was just focused and quite.

Then the stairs.

Then the final intro song, pan up.

Credits.


My tears are flowing (I failed on holding it back)

She looked at me silently, then she broke down to tears,

REALLY. She cried like she lost a beloved pet.

I was laughing hysterically. I did comfort her and it took a long time for her to calm down.

I was a bitter victory. I was expecting her to cry but not to have an emotional breakdown.

end of story



Comments

Post a Comment

Wow thank you for your awesome comment! cheers!

Popular Posts