Reconnecting to my childhood.


Next thing you know, you are an adult, feeling like a kid again.

There is point back when I was saving my allowance to buy an old gaming console. My gameboy color was so outdated that the generations of Pokemon are moving starting to migrate to the new consoles. I'm planning to save a certain amount to but Pokemon Emerald with the gameboy advance.

It never materialized. I never got that amount I needed. That time that is the only thing that I wanted. I have this little notebook, where I draw these montsters and things I would do once I brought this game. Life gets harder and priorities changes. I forgot about it and next thing you know, bam! I'm a young adult watching a video advertisement about a new Pokemon game on this brand new console.

So much feels. I got teary eyed.

I went to the mall, bought the new console along with it is the new game without second thought.
I have the capability unlike before, I have waited long enough.



The feeling is like no other. It's like I have this childhood bestfriend and we just go reunited after all this years. As I unbox the new 3dsxl, I can't contain my excitement, my sweaty hands fumbled and explored a unfamiliar yet familiar feeling.

I'm back in the world of Pokemon

I played it slowly, I did not finished the missions right away, I explored the new world, understand every knick and knacks and secrets. I was so dumbfounded to learn that the battle system are different level, I also learned about the concept of breeding and pokemon characteristics and specialties.

Until now, I'm still lost on how competitive this game.

The hunt for the lost experience

 I finished the game, and for the first time collected and completed the pokedex.


Then I started finding the old games. I have learned that some of the DS games are still compatible with this new system. So I started to actively look for the greatest deal online.

Unfortunately, It was not easy. Some of it are phased out.
But that did not stop me from checking every store possible.

I got the Pokemon X a predecessor of S&M a month later.
I'm still saving for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. That will cover the Generation 6.

I found a great deal online and had acquired Second hand Pokemon Soul Silver.
Also, I was at the mall when I found an old stock of Pokemon Platinum brand That will cover the Generation 4.

Next would be Pokemon Black and Black 2 for Generation 5

One of the good thing that happened to help me complete my collection was the recent news that Nintendo Store will release a digital copies of Generation 1 and 2 compatible for Nintendo 3ds.

With the help of pokebank, I can freely transfer my pokemons from generation to generation.

Since the rise of emulator, I have been playing Generation 3 on my phone so that will cover it for now.

Preparing for Switch

New console means new games and experience.
Since Nintendo hasn't officially announced the RPG game for Nintendo switch, I'll start saving and enjoy my 3ds for the mean time.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

To keep me busy, this November a new take on Alola region is ready. 
I think I'm gonna buy Ultra Sun, since I have the Moon in my arsenal. :)

I'm back baby! Cheers!


Comments

Popular Posts