KNN on Pop Development









PART 1

When we say population, the first thing that comes with our mind is number and statistics, we'll there are more than what is seemed.

At first I was like, this thing is practically pretty boring, lectures and talks about the numbers that I don't really care about.

So I left my house at around 2am, it was foggy and blissful early cold swift, as I walk up at the main road and wait for a cab, with my camera bag, a backpack stuffed with a week of clothes, and a plastic bag with presents for tita nancy, she requested from me. A 2 kilo 'Garcia's Coffee, four blend' a a kilo of Albanza's Sausage, and another kilo of another famous baguio sausage, that i forgot the tag name. So basically, I carried a ton.

Good thing my friend "RAY" a mass communication student is also on his way to Manila, to do a business, so we decided to just go to the bus terminal together, which saves me time to look for a cab.

We arrived at the terminal, at around 2:30, since my pals "Brenden" and Clae" two KNN high-school reporters are no where to be found, I rested my stuff on the waiting chairs and told ray to go ahead, he is in a rush.

I waited.

waited.

and waited.

called and texted them, and waited.

at around 3am, clae came with his dad, taxi's are very difficult in those kind of ours in her place so I understand, maybe that is also brendens delema right now.

at 3:30 he came. well I don't feel talking to him right away, so we quickly jumped off and ride the soon to leaving bus to manila.

I fell asleep a couple of time, and yeah the sun was up already and we were in tarlac, so we ate breakfast at the stop.

and after that, we are on the road again, I dooze off, and when i opened my eyes we were in the North Luzon Express Way, speeding up to manila.

and then Traffic.

i hate traffic.

This only means one thing.
welcome to the National Capital Region!

at the cubao terminal, we quickly got a cab.

and the taxi drivers warm welcome message was.

"can you ad 50 pesos, cause the traffic is quite heavy"
(yeag manong, nice job hitting on student tourist, your a natural pinoy")

"I said, calmly, "Manong, can we just have it metered nalang"

And he seemed to be dissapointed, but he still insist.

(buti nalang at mainit at nagmamadali ako kung hindi naghanap nalang ako ng ibang taxi)

Hopeless and in a hurry, we agreed to his bargain, along the way he's explaining why he need to charge an additional, he also mentioned that we should be thankful because others would really charge a hundred bucks, and i was,

yeah right manong, stop defending yourself, your not in a courtroom, but my mouth said something different.

"its okay kuya" (with conviction so he would stop)

luckily he knows the hotel so that's a minus factor on speaking with him.

and by golly our taxi fare hit almost 200!

(pucha! inikot nya ata ortigas eh!)

last time i checked, your taxi bill should be 100 and below.

Hope he stay long bieng a taxi driver, cause it sure kill him one day.

We are at the Hotel.
ASTORIA PLAZA, along ortigaz, pearl drive.
It was a long travel, but we manage to keep our self comfy.
I asked the front desk on the formal time of our check in, well guess what, it's 2pm, although we looked pretty tired, they gladly suggested that we took a rest at the soho tribeca function hall.
It's not my first time to be here, i've been here last human rights training and seminar back in highschool, so I know a quick one or two about the place, we went up on the third floor. Headed directly at soho, and I saw our executive producer, ate yas (they like to be called ate or kuya, rather than ma'm or sir) so I passed my respect and said my "hello-how's-life-" greeting.

She's doing something on her laptop, she's quite busy, the way it looked like, we are the "first team to arrive" that gave us a good chance to get a good room.

wow, this place have'nt change a bit. same carpeted floor, well they set up additional lights and and a carpet wall, but everything is the same, how nice.

brenden and clae would go around rather than to sit still, maybe like me, they facinated the place like I used to get an "awe" on my first time.

I was hoping to see familiar faces this time, its been a while when i last saw my KNN pals.

and then while we were roaming the place, I saw a ate ros, our project manager, with all the load of cases and stuff from her car. And Hannah was there, at first she looked like an older "probe assistant" because she wears this glasses with her brunnet blackish brown hair, and her hazel dark eyes, she's quite taller than me, a little taller, so I called her "Ma'am accidentally"

Ma'am kailangan nyo po ba ng tulong?

Ma'am ka dyan! ilang taon ka na ba?

Twenty one? (this year)

19 palang ako noh!

(WOW) she looked very mature. hmm older mature. hehe

so we do the basic aquiantance questions and returned in soho with the "baggage"

We help them set-up the place, well, its the only thing to do.

PART 2 >>> READ MORE

Comments

Popular Posts