A Lazy Mans Views: Films, Games, Comics, and other geeky stuff: CSDA, Artist of the month, and Sherlock Holmes

INSIGHT

The best things in life are worth sharing.

That's my motto for this week, and I've been really busy handling work related self induced toxins in my life, so its pretty awesome to take a break just write.

This week we have some pretty geeky loads of stuff that might interest you a bit.

If your a digital artist (like me) Here's a great deal.



I recently found out about the Cordillera School of Digital Arts.
A graphic and animation school that provides awesome scholarships and tutorial session plus a TESDA and proud member of ACPI.
CSDA was founded by Raul Boncan in 2007.
Since then the program is in full bloom and now having free animation courses.

I really wanna join and try out my animation skills, I'm tryin to practice my drawing just in case.
You can visit them at


Unit B212, Lopez Building, Session Road, Baguio City, 3600 Philippines


Tel. 074-4425098
Fax.
Website: http://www.csdastudios.com
Email: voxwerks@gmail.com








I'll try to enroll this friday, will keep you posted if I got in. (finger crossed)

INFOCUS
So featured for today would be one of the Gripo Comics most promising artist Gamaliel Paz one of my facebook pals and a member of Baguio City Comics Awareness Society.
Best bit: Author and Illustrator of the Series entitled: Mystic teacher
I think he is one of the best colorist I've seen in years, clean, not so rough and beautifully blending inks, with his plot logically crafted with his characters complementing the whole concept.
You cannot please everyone, in one of his post he said that he got at comment for  his online critiques stating that his works is "a piece of crap" and he should kill his parents and himself for doing it. At first he felt uneasy, He never heard that kind of rage, He got scared, lost the spirit and doubted his talent, but with the support of his friends, he stood up and continue his passion for drawing. Kept an open mind and just improved his skill. 
So if you happen to visit this blog why not check his comics. A legend is being created here my friends. We will keep an eye on him in his future deeds. I like his concept maybe one day I'll create a animated feature or a film. :)


INDEPTH


So here are the weekends best of the BEST!

Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows

Well at first, I thought wow, this dude really rocks the weirdness, then at the middle part I became confused, like what did just happened?
This movie will make you think, a lot.
So while enjoying the movie, you should also try to find a clue and figure it out and try to guess the ending, it'll be more fun when you guessed it right. I got it at the climax, and said, yeah! I can be a detective huh?











So that's it for now, cheers!


guillermo ocampo

Comments

Popular Posts