LEGENDS NEVER DIE: POKEMON

I remember back in 1999 I'm around 10 years old and brother (he would be around 11) brought home a Yellow Gameboy color, as far as I can remember he borrowed it from his friend and traded his race car (tamiya) just for 2 weeks. He thinks it worth it. We don't have the luxury of buying our very own Gameboy, so having one seemed to be a dream and what most kid our age, and the game was POKEMON YELLOW VERSION. Playing pokemon was beyond our wildest fulfillment. We got engaged and it felt like an adventure of the century!

He lend it to me when he was doing his chores, I trained his pokemon most of the time and he taught me how to play with it, We usually stay late at night sharing the gameboy exploring the world of pokemon-(sounds off and with a lamp.) My mom would be furious every time she caught us playing. I would like to watch and most of the time we argue over the pokemon to catch or not. I usually the one in charge in walking in the grass and beating wild pokemon for level up.

I was in the fifth grade when Pokemon became a sensation, I usually watch it on our local TV every Friday, it was one of my favorite cartoon time.

At that moment in time, I was one of the millions of Kids capitivated by the world of the powerful and wonderful creatures. Yes. I'm a pokemon fan and this post is about the The magic of pokemon 13 years after.


When I was in first year high, I remember my friend Ace is playing a pokemon game, I noticed it was a different one, at this point I'm hooked in a playstation. I closely watched it and he told me its the  gold version, I told him that I used to play the yellow version and that seemed to be old school, then my other friend kirk, is playing the other version the silver one, and they started trading pokemons. I found it cool.

At my second year, My dad brought me a present, A purple gameboy that I've been asking for a long time. I have my money saved up to buy the silver and yellow version of the games, I started playing with Kirk and battling pokemon when we have the chance at school, my girl classmates would refer to us as pokemon addicts we also play cards once in a while but i never really understood how it was played hahaha.

Then other gameboy series came out, and I haven't got the chance to catch up, at some point pokemon fad fade away, the local and cable channels don't air pokemon cartoon show, and it came a time that it as difficult to get a game, and even watch epsiode even in the internet, everything was promotional.

I missed pokemon, until new wave of technological advances came through, access has never been so easy, I usually hang out in pokemon fan sites, get to watch past episodes in you tube, then they banned episode watching in youtube due to copyrights, and it was a heaven.

I got to play pokemon game on PC even though I don't have the console, got a collection of DVD.

and everytime I get to see pokemon I remember how happy I was playing with my big brother, I remember the time that my dad gave me that first gameboy color, I remember the feeling of magic.


  1. Now, yeah i'm a bit 20+ but if they asked me, I'm still a pokefan.

Comments

Popular Posts