Office Drama


Hello July! Be nice to me, okay?

Office Buddies

I'm back and trying to blog again so little life update for those people who missed me.

What I've been doing?

Work has been great! We just moved in to our new office. I got a good working spot and I'm happy that everyone seemed okay with the current set up. Office relocation was tedious! My Gulay! I was tasked to "design" the floor plan, with little skills that I have I did try my best create a harmonious space for each and everyone. That would entail regular consultation to the team leaders, revisions and a lot of measurements ( in which I miserably failed). There would always be oppositions, but somehow I learned to accept what is necessary, communicate my point and eventually find a common ground.

My new workspace! Pretty neat huh?


I also learned a valuable life lesson: Don't be afraid if you are in the right track. People will see through it and support you no matter what.



There is one team leader who opt out during the planning process, then when everything started rolling out, he decided to hop in, take over "trying" to help but apparently stepping out of the line and created confusion that lead to delays and misunderstanding from both parties

In one instance, I talked to him regarding a certain relocation matter that he failed to realize, it wasn't even a big of a deal but he took it personally and well held a grudge over me.

It was really a simple senario,

Sir, regarding the installation of the televisions, it was in the plan to only have 2 flat screens for monitoring, and the other TV set will be installed in the managers room. That was the original plan.

(He "ordered" to have the 3 screens installed in one room which us highly unlikely because it wasn't in the plan, cabling adjustment has been made also the measurement has been set. He commanded it during the installations as a last minute changes)

Are you sure? He asked me with a commanding voice

Yes sir,  that was the plan. I said calmly

Then he muttered, then YOU decided!

I was like... What the heck?

Let him be.

But oh no no no no, he was just getting started.

Over the course of May and by the mid June, everything was a chaos! I tell you. It was hell in the office.
Yung sinusupsup! 

Everything just went crazy at this point.
Secret chat which has all our rants have been revealed (thanks to the snake friend who resigned)
Shitstorm of akwardness and heavy air filled our days.


To patch things up and set everything straight and on the record. Some of the team leaders decided to have a staff meeting, to finally settle things down and have everything "out" in the open so we can fix things up.

After a bull session (which was staggering and nerve wracking) I apologised for everything we might have said that hurt his feelings personally. I told him that it was our way to cope up with stress, a venue where we could express ourselves. We try to keep a professional relationship despite all this chaos and he should not take that "chat" against us.

Well after that, there were a lot of other concerns that popped-out which lead to his "irrevocable resignation"

Thank God that was over.

So, now everything is well.

So looking forward to July! I'll try be active in blogging.






guillermo ocampo

Comments

Popular Posts