Why not take a hike


It was still early the cold mountain breeze was flowing freely at my window, oh I forgot to close that one, hope I didn't catch a "cold" I whispered to my self.

"It's so damn early.." as I force to carry my self out of bed, better get the water heater going...

After a great effort to convince my self to start moving, I went on and prepare for the day.

I arrived at the office at around 6:10 in the morning, well I was hoping to arrive earlier it's just that at this time of year, the clouds seemed to be pretty dim and the bed seemed to be the best place to stay.

I thought I was late, cause the call time is 6am, today will be a hiking day. (yeepee), but my fellow work mates also feels the same way as I did, we are all late, well most of us.

The trip lasted around 30 minutes, we arrive at the site and started carrying things like foods and cookware and also started taking group photos.

It was long trail going to the main camp house, and men the terrain is stiff and narrow, a bit wet, slippery since it rained last night.

We are going to the new site that we are going to develop, a 25 hectare land consist of 3 mountains a falls and a long snake like river.

The place was amazing, it's so relaxing and the forest is a virgin, no human trace of infiltration, I was a bit anxious about the development were going to do, hopefully it wont destroy the serenity of the place but to further enhance it for other people to enjoy.

Right now the path is hell, i'll tell you it was like "man vs. wild" episode as we venture deeper in the forest.

We settled down to the camp house, it was a made of pine wood and almost looked like a guard-slash-ranger house, it's cute sitting alone in the middle of the forest.

After a quick briefing, we headed out and explore the place the mountain slope is a bit of mess and climbing is a real challenge, my task with be taking video shots while my partner jeff is in charge of taking photos, he has the photos so i wish i could upload that here sooner or later or maybe on monday.

So, the best part was it was an extreme trekking with mud and blade grass greeting you in every step, but once you crossed the path and made it to the top, the scene was breathtaking.

Plus leeches

shit those fucking leeches, were not aware that the land is infested with tiny worm like leeches.

once you walked into the grass patch, they will sense it and they will start to attack, clinging into the tip of the leaves and literary jumping to its target.

I checked my shoes, and damn, those leeches are having a freakin' feast good thing not in my skin, with a shriek of a girl ( that's me) I started getting paranoid and stumping my foot like crazy and that caught the attention of my work mates, they started checking their shoes, and men we have a bingo.

Some has already sucked blood and having a good time in my partners legs other crawled under the shirts and we are all frantic.

And from there on, in every stop you should take a good look on your shoe and pull those leeches out.

We crossed 2 rivers and hiked 3 mountains and 2 hills, we conceptualized on the theme of the place and what should we do to develop it without destroying it's natural fauna.

It was an adventurous day, fun and full filling to be part of the team that first reach the place.

Hopefully this turns out well..

and oh yeah

MY boss fell on the river and we are all concerned about her phone rather than her safety hahaha, but she's okay, it's simply hilarious.
guillermo ocampo

Comments

Popular Posts