Yikes! Sick days!

Ohh, I fee terrible.. 

Yikes! I got me-self a flu!


TADAAA! Yah, heard/read it correct me little fella's!
It sucks having a sick day off really having a sick.

Last night I had a high fever, with stuffy nose, I was wondering when and where I got this stupid flu. I was just at work and at home, maybe after I worked out and took a cold bath?  So I did a little extra research to find out what caused this dear flu of mine.
A hot shower encourages blood flow toward your skin, soothing your muscles. You relax. You feel good. A cold shower does the opposite. In response to the cold temperature, your body will do its best to protect your internal organs, encouraging the blood to flow away from the outer extremities and skin. Why is this good?
When you exercise, your heart rate increases to support your body's needs. Lactic acid builds up in muscles when they're deprived of oxygen, a normal occurrence when your workout is intense and your body dips into its energy reserves (glucose) to meet the intense energy need. When people talk about "feeling the burn," it's the lactic acid that's behind that bite.
Cold temperatures immediately after your cool-down help bring your heart rate down and increase your circulation, which in turn helps reduce your recovery time. The increased level of blood your heart pumped to match your body's needs won't be allowed to pool in your tired muscles, and those muscles will clear the lactic acid more quickly.
Additionally, exercise can cause muscles to become inflamed -- the swelling caused by small tears in the muscle fiber -- and a cold shower may help to minimize soft tissue inflammation and its associated pain. http://goo.gl/2ezELd
So that is not the cause of my colds, so where did I got that?



Influenza is a virus that we have in our throats and we transmit to each other when we're in close contact and also when we get the virus on our hands and touch each other and touch our noses and our mouths and that way we can transmit the virus from one person to another.
Now unlike measles, which comes in only one form, the influenza virus comes in several forms and changes year to year. And that's why each year we're pretty much susceptible to the influenza virus that's going around.  http://goo.gl/fBp5TN 

That was a bit scary

I remember the movie contagion its really scary if this thing was part of that, I'll be dead by now.

One of the character named Dr. Erin Mears said "The average person touches their face three to five times every waking minute. In between that we're touching door knobs, water fountains, and each other."

So i'll be washing my hand every now and then, I'll also buy hand sanitizes. yikes!


Stay healthy guys! although sick leaves are great but being sick definitely not.

Cheers!

   

guillermo ocampo

Comments

Popular Posts