Being With Probe: Earlt Bird

Arrived at the office at 4:30am
yup, its too early... why?
We need to catch an early shoot for today, ate Janice our segment producer is bit tired, she took a nap at quarter to 3am, now she need to wake up, she said.
"Tuloy tuloy kasi puyatan ngayun eh"
Well the story will air on wed. so we need to work on it or else.
who is ate Jan?
ate Jan is one the characters you'll meet at probe, at first you wont notice her cause she looked like the others, well at first they all look the same to me.
But when you started to know her she's different. She's nice pala.
I learned a lot of stuff today and She trusted me to work and deal with my own, she calls me a partner.

It was still early and she called my attention,

"Guill!

And I answered back, then she said..

"oh, you have an intern look"

and I was like wha??

"You look like an intern, your not an intern today, your my partner, and dont call me ma'am or ate, I dont look old"

I'm a bit glad, cause it cut the additional tension and the shy thingy in my chest.

I'm her partner :P

so my tassk is very simple, accompany her, I can tell some shots that i want, I can parang ask people ask something during an interview, its a free flow shoot, there's no boss, just we are doing it as a team.

I'm part of the team.
The probe team.

So anyhow we went to the spot at banaba at san mateo, and looked for our case study, manong inigo a farmer, the sun still hides in the clouds its still a bit early, but hes oin the field digging.

We started to shoot right away.

Soon the sun started to show up, that means temperature are getting a bit higher, the sun soon touched the high sky, it was really hot in the field, when i looked at the clock it was still 7am, the sun, now ripped in my skin.

But I stayed focus on shooting, I tried to look for another family, and guess what?
I found a family who eats
JANITOR FISH
that swarms in marikina river.
it was the janitor fish that fested and nestedin the river, they were tons of them in the greeny water, so i booked an interview and they said yes.

I adviced ate janice about the family that I found, and she smiled. even though the sun really burns.

So at 10am we interviewed this famliy "Diwa" who shelters under the bridge near san mateo/ montalban rizal.

FACT: the place is the proposed location in the new show of ABS-CBN Kamabal sa uma yata? idonno, I'm not a fan, basta kambal sa sa tugak, ugak, uma.. yeah! Kambal sa Uma. where the ugly child lives.
(i donno, why the ugly always live with the poor, in the slums while the pretty stays in the wealthy side?)

Okay so, the father threw his fish net in the river, and when he pulls it up, GRABE! tons and tons of janitor fish!!!!!

then he took 7 of them and they cooked in with the mothers specialty

Adobong Ginataan

yum yum!

The whole family started eating, and then the nieghbors also tried the wierd delicacy.

Guess what?

They loved IT!

Watch probe this wednesday!
See it for yourself :P

I learned a lot for my 5th day at probe

Like...

P.A. Rule number 3
Always smile, say thank you and be gratefull about the work you've been task or given to do, just think, not everyone are in your shoes right now, not everyone can do what you can do, and not every one has the priviledge as you are.


other things that i learned are..

  1. Camera is the next best important thing when in come to shoot, if your crossing the water or river and you happen to fall or slip, toss the camera, save the camera to the near dry land, like manong tsong used to say "MABUTI NG maBASAg kesa maBASA"
  2. TRUST, build trust among interviewees,ask anything even thoug its not related make him/her comfortable so that he can open up to you more easlily like ate JAN said "YOU ARE A STRANGER TO THEM"
  3. Do your best in everything, even though you are right, and they still dont like what your doing, or what youve done, just tell yourself that you have done a good job, just better next time, it is still a 5th day at probe. BE positive! Press on.
  4. that's all
  5. have a great day!
  6. cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts