8th Annual Night of Stars. University of Baguio, Mass Communication Department. Mediatrix Society 2009

Friday Night: I came. a man without mask (i had a mask but it was in my pocket, just in case)



The geek and the higher ups: Our dean in red,
Teachers and Guest


Inspiration. A word that had been running in my mind while I'm looking at the awards I got. All the hard work paid off.

5pm: I'm a bit troubled if i'll go or not. worried about the cash in hand, thinking every possibilities that will happen a nerve wracking and pulse beating so fast with a roller coaster of feelings and emotion with a mixed of excitement all at the same time imagine that!

6pm: I decided to go. Although it's a bit late (5:30 would be the registration) But it's a good thing, i dont want to create a commotion or whatever. LOL

I arrived at the venue @ around 6:30 and tomy surprise it haven't started yet. dang!

There are a lot of new faces, men! where are my batchmates. Some of them well they did not bother to attend, they had a coup-detat or something I don't even know, and I don't even give a damn :D.
(i'm a bit of a cast away in the mass communication world)

I got nominated for a lot of things actually, specially in ADTECH class, advertisments the products. I'm also included in some of the RADIO DRAMA awards when we did vasselissa. Some of our outputs in TV workshop was also included, Like the Artshow, Music Video, cooking show.

With distinct recognition they awarded me with Best Artshow, and Best Print advertisment

And of course the FILM

I'm proud on what we accomplished. Having an award for doing something you love is just a concilation prize.

Paruparo bagged the Best Actor, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Script. over three competing team.

I like the best cinematography.
I'm not hoping for the best actor award.
I like the title of best director but too bad.

Director's Cut got almost all including Best film. Good for them, they really worked hard for it. I mean sleepless nights and all. I'm proud and greatfull cause we're like a big family. And I really hope that filmakers here in the Philippines grew and made Philippine cinema alive.

This is just the beggining.

THE PARTY

Aside from the recognition, the party was fine. The waiters are lousy and stubborn, the program did not go as well in the plan and the host are like... amatuers.... sorry. But hey! the second part of the program is good, it's more alive, although some of the people went home already.

I enjoyed it. Eventhough it's not what I expected. And I got to hooked up with this freshie cute girl in a black mask.

Comments

Popular Posts