Power Rangers Reunion

Go! Go! Power Ranger! (♫♪te-ne-ne-nen-ten♫♪)
Go! Go! Power Ranger, Mighty Morphing Power Rangers!

Every Friday night, after the newscast on our local channel, prime time. Me and my friends gather around the television set, neatly tucked in each seat, excitement fills our bones while the opening song is playing, anticipating a brand new episode of one of our favorite show.

We don't have a television set back then so me and my brother usually stays in our friends house to watch. Every episode was awesome. The feeling of saving the day, the power, the villain and most of all and the twist of the green ranger turning into white ranger blow our mind.

After each episode, we bid farewell to our generous host, We walk back home, and act out the kicking, running and explosive jump. The next day, me and my playmates play power ranger, No one wants to be the bad guy, so the trees and rocks would be the enemy, I usually play the blue ranger, sometimes the black ranger, We memorized all the zords (robot) name and call out to the sky with our bamboo stick as a weapon.

20 years have passed...

That excitement lives on. I feel like that kid again, fascinated by this mask super heroes.
A reunion episode was made as announced in the recent comic conference.




It was a dream come true!
Honestly, I haven't follow the whole saga, as I remember I stopped following until turbo or zeo ranger.
But nonetheless flicking through channels, I often watch few episode or the other saga.

Thus this means all of the rangers since 1993 will be present to save the world?
Unfortunately It seems impossible, Some ranger "stars" are not available for all the reason they have.
Good thing Jason David Frank a.k.a. "Tommy" the green white ranger awesomeness will be there.

It's really sad to know other cast declined the reunion offer.
Since Saban only offered a little talent fee and only sent a mass generic email to the cast.
(I think it's about the money matters) I guess gathering all of them would cost a lot.

List of notable character that accepted and declined the reunion offer

Green Ranger: IN ... Jason David Frank ... aspiring MMA fighter confirmed he'll attend.
Red Ranger: MAYBE? ... Austin St. John ... went on to be an EMT/firefighter in WDC.
Pink Ranger: MAYBE? ... Amy Jo Johnson ... still a working actress.
Blue Ranger: OUT ... David Yost ... says producers were homophobic bullies.
Black Ranger: OUT ... Walter Jones ... says he was abused ... and is supporting Yost.
Yellow Ranger: OUT ... Thuy Trang ... died in a car accident in 2001.
TMZ reports.

Blue Ranger "Billy" David Yost (who's holding a ranger toy in his twitter) screams foul as he was mistreated BEFORE by the producers of his sexuality and now joined the NO H8 campaign.
“The reason I walked off was is because I was called f***** one too many times ... from creators, producers, writers, directors ... 

My childhood was ruined.

Then the day after Billy refused, Black Ranger Walter Jones also declined in support of his friend.
(but still has the black ranger cover photo in his twitter)

It would be awesome if they set their issues aside and appear even just a second for the fans like me. If Yellow Ranger Thuy Trang and Rita Repulsa is alive, I know they will join. I mean, they have been part of the team, made them famous, if it wasn't for the power ranger franchise they will be nothing.

Also for crying out loud Saban, WHY SEND A FREAKING GENERIC MASS EMAIL! you lazy fucking twats and pay only little and treat them like extras, and then uninviting them after a week?
WTF?

Steve Cardenas turned down the opportunity and said that...

 The was too low and there’s not a lot of character development. Just going to be in the background as an extra. I would’ve love to do it but I could possibly take the amount of time away from my business for a little amount of money. I’m sorry but I believe that it’s them that’s letting the fans down because they want to get away with paying a little. I hope you understand

Read other sentiments of the rangers here
Read the full cast list updated wiki here
I guess Saban is a prick when it comes to professionalism.

It all boils down  to this.
If it's just a TV episode, don't expect something big.

Oh how I wish this would be a movie, one great movie.

I guess I should stick with Pacific Rim.
It's like power rangers, big robots controlled by humans and monsters without rangers. without power.


cheers


p.s.

But thank you Saban for trying to do this.
To the other ranger, Thank you for a great childhood.




Comments

Post a Comment

Wow thank you for your awesome comment! cheers!

Popular Posts