Weekending...book

Saturday Night

The Winter breeze hits the city, but the heat of the night is warmer than ever.

My Co-workers decide to trip at the mall to loose a little stiffed bodies from work. I decided to spend my little money on a book. I went to a book store, browsed and I stumbled upon this two unlikely novels that sits right on the shelf.

CAR TROUBLE
a fascinating story of breaking away, adventure, a misled affections and funny characters.

Well at first, I hesitated a little in buying this book, But I wanted to have a book that is light in concept, cute and funny. And this book has more than what I think it has.

Duff, the main character is a tall 16 years old average geek who want to break away from his life and aim for his dream to be successful computer programming/games thingy in a highly successful company, to have his own cubicle, his high powered computer and a cool apartment (well basic nerd dream actually)

His destination is in California where his dream job awaits him.

then his brand new used car broke down. with no ride, limited budget and his laptop he must make a plan to continue his journey, Along the way He met A weird hitchhiker with a secret, A Singer with a con artist as a mother, a couple of thugs and a car sick terrier.

It's very wacky indeed, it made me laugh out loud a lot. In reading this 5 hrs. strait, It felt like I was with them the whole time of their journey, holding my breath, making funny faces and commenting once in a while, It was so good that i felt terrible reading the end part. because I want more. It's worth it.

the other book that I brought is entitled "The Sight" but I haven't finished the book yet so the review will just have to wait, so far so good it made my hair rise up in sheer terror.


I love to read books, it made me realize that each time I turn the pages, learn something new, and every time I feel like my whole body just escaped and went directly into the book that I read.

When I was in the HS days book looks boring and long, but if you dedicate your time it will give you a whole new feeling... And I cant explain it.

Anyhow.

Well that night I went to a bookstore, bought some books, then we went on a karaoke singing, then we ate siopao, hazel nut coffe, and the others went to the coke concert in melvin jones park, well it's freezing so I decided to went home and read my new book :D that's all for now.

Comments

Popular Posts