After the love wreck

It's Saturday night!

Christmas Party

One thing that I love about Christmas is the party and gift giving, I really want to feel the meaning of Christmas this year so I really tried to follow each and every tradition that I can handle.

Well it exchange gift, looking for a gift specially for a girl is hearth quenching, it's very difficult to predict or know what they really want.

Present?

So last Friday, after going to "ate glo" flower shop. I went directly to SM to look for a possible gift, for the girl that I picked for the exchange gift, Her name is Joie (dyo-eei), She's a little picky and she's like to ask how much things are, (thats why she took up accountancy management). So I need to be extra careful on her gift.

I want her to love the gift, the gift the suit her best. And that item is unavailable in the MALL. Well everything was like in a rush, the party was scheduled last Saturdays, and I was like looking for a gift on a Friday night.

I did not find any gift, so all i did was to eat at KFC, it's finger licking good!

It was almost 9:30when I arrived home that Friday night, and I my Ate Cha, doing designs for a bracelet and earing for her friends, well i told her to create one for me, perfect fit and gift for joie.

Then went on on the Saturday night at the party.

Glorious Food, overflowing with so much fun and happening. We are all having fun and I did recieved an unexpected gift form my friend Christian, a book of journey, it's like a daily bread for the word of the lord god. It's pretty cool, because so far I haven't really noticed the presence of god, I did even forgot to go to mass every Sunday, for I was busy in extra curricular and school work, I never really have the chance to say thanks for everything, He is the reason why we have Christmas, Why we are alive.


Then after a while our vice president will go to the hundred night show, and Joie and I is planing to tag along with him


100th nite show

It was an annual show where the cadets pay tribute to the remaining 100 days of the graduating batch, They created a comedy stage play, A total entertainment with dancing, singing and acting.

We saw the Vice Presidents Foster Sons, They were all funny and very manly. WEll the first thing that went to my mind was I like to be a cadet, they have this cool outfits with each houses symbols in call sign.

the show was fun it was my first time to watch after so long, last time I watched that when
I was in grade 3.

After the show, in the blistering cold outdoor, the skies glittered with a spectacular firework display, accompanied by my uncles PMA band in a medley of Christmas Songs.

Then a Feats was offered to the guest. Rice Cakes, native dish like dinuguan, puto, palabok, malagkit, ube etc.

Then we took pictures of the night, well I missed the photography assignment that I've d been working on cause i used all the film in picture taking, no i need to re-do everything (sigh)


I woke up at around 10:30 Sunday

I picked my cellphone up to see what time is it, then I saw several text messages.

thanks ace for loading me up! (he's a real gentle man)

then I also replied some of his cravings and information about the 1st saturday night.

then at 12pm we went to another party, a backyard party at Camp John Hay. It's pretty boring, just old adults, and kids no beautiful girls, no pretty sights (sigh).

Anyway. After that We went to Church Baguio Cathedral for a Sunday mass. Just to say thank you, I haven't visited the church lately
(last time I went i was with rhian who didn't quite ready to go to church)

then I saw my old buddy Cole! he owns one of the stalls near the church. He's waiting for Denver one of my friend.

So Denver is a Sacristan, who help serve the mass, i want to be like that, to serve na mass every Sunday, to ba the side kick of the priest.

Then I remembered that today marks the day of simbang gabi or misa de gallo, well I decided to go and complete the 10 days of mass. this is my mission a little sacrifice to thank god for the year he gave me, to pray for my mom, and my family and stuff that i would like to do and achieve.

Then After that I went to a concert of brevstock (breverians) a Christian group that is dedicated in serving the lord with music and stuff, so I watch them perform, surprisingly I saw one of my old buddy in SPA what's her name again, she's good at singing.. uhh I forgot her name, OH! jonalyn, haha!

Then at around 8pm we went home, hungry.

At 3am monday

I went to my first simbang gabi.. well practiucally it is midnight,

The legend of the Midnight Mass


Long long time ago, The Spaniards spread the Christianity in the world, then they thought Filipinos that every advent season, everyone will join the evening mass. since the Filipino farmers cannot attend the night mass because they were tired in farming the whole day so they decided to held the mass every midnight just before they went to their farms.

The priest was the Arch. bishop of the diocese of Baguio, Well while observing how the sacristans serve, and while my sleepy head is slowly waking up, i saw the priest pinky finger, actually I noticed that he docent have one!

He's right pinky finger, was cut. yes cut

The story of our bishops pinky

Not so long long time ago, bishop is a priest that goes to the distant land of beguet and kalinga to tell the word of the lord to the native.

He went to Kalinga, a distant land up north of my city, Most of the natives here (back then) is suffering from tribal wars, social conflicts and Civil war.

the priest and his driver was driving in a stiff rough road when suddenly a child make a fast run in front of the car, the child was dead on the spot.

then the tribes men was so angry that the driver will pay for his life in exchage of the life od the little child.

But the priest felt responsible for the death.

So in exchange of the drivers life, he let himself be punished.

The tribes man don't like to kill the good ol' priest, they decided to cut his pinky finger.

and that is one true lucky priest with a very powerful faith in god.

a true test of faith.

after that he did not stop serving the place and the lord.


well that's about it this is my longest post so far in this blog so

Happy longest post everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts